YOU COULD BE THE WINNER………FREE 2017 INCOME TAX PREPARATION!
See our calendar of 2017/2018 YMCA workshops below, and find out how!
We are Child Care Tax Specialists! Pat Michael understands tax preparation and financial services for child care providers probably better than any other tax preparer you’ve ever met. His wife provided in-home child care for more than 25 years so he knows from the inside exactly what goes into your business plus every deduction you are eligible for. And he keeps updated on the latest tax developments so YOU benefit. Word of mouth about Pat’s services has spread far & wide and we now have many clients outside our local area and in many other states too! We know you rely on us as your Child Care Tax Specialists, and we value your Trust!
Pat shares his expertise! For more than 18 years, as a service to the community, Pat has provided his knowledge and ability with child care providers in his seminars on taxes, record-keeping, audits, general tax law, and best practices through the YMCA Child Resource Services in San Diego county. As part of their licensing & certification training of child care providers, the CRS considers Pat their subject-matter expert in the field of child care tax preparation, record-keeping, audits and general tax law.
Below is our 2017/2018 YMCA season calendar! We invite you to join us and get a wealth of information at one of our interactive YMCA childcare workshops! ….find out below how you could be a WINNER!
Childcare Tax & Record-Keeping Seminar
Monday, October 9, 2017 6:30pm-9:30pm (Mission Valley YMCA)
Thursday October 12, 2017 6:00pm-9:00pm (Palomar YMCA Teen Center in Escondido)
Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:30pm-9:30pm (Mission Valley YMCA)
What You Need to Know About IRS Audits
Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:30pm-8:30pm (Mission Valley YMCA)
Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:30pm-8:30pm (Mission Valley YMCA)
At each of Pat’s seminars, you will:
- Get valuable advice on tax preparation & record-keeping!
- Learn about allowable deductions that most tax preparers miss!
- Ask questions – get answers!
Sign up now through the YMCA for only $15 by contacting them directly at 800-481-2151 M-Th 8-4pm and Friday 8am to 12noon, or email to: email@example.com.
SPACE IS LIMITED – SO REGISTER TODAY!
If you attend a YMCA CRS sponsored tax workshop you could be the LUCKY WINNER and receive FREE tax preparation services for 2017 Federal/State 1040/540 Forms. All other attendees will receive 25% off 2017 tax preparation services. Presentation & offer provided by R. Patrick Michael, EA and applies to new clients only.
CHILD CARE BLOG US-TAXLAWS BLOG
Crime Prevention and Emergency Handbook
Home Fire Safety Self-Inspection Checklist
Tax interview Checklist
Child care provider medical safety checklist
Provider Meal and Snack Log The Baby Name Wizard IRS FORMS Exclusive Use Rule HOME OFFICE DEDUCTIONS POLICIES & PROCEDURES Checklists, Mail & Mileage Logs IMPORTANT TAX DATES Articles & Books GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- Use our Form W-10 to provide your tax id number to parents. It has one W-10 for you, and one for the parents.
- Make a copy of all receipts. The thermal paper receipts will fade. Don’t throw them away. Keep them in an envelope. You may want to staple it to the photocopy.
- Keep all grocery receipts (even for personal food). You may be spending more than you will get credit for under the standard meal allowance rates.
- Track all meals served to day care children, even those not reimbursed by a food program.
- Track hours when children are not present.
- Do you have an inventory of your home furnishings when you started (or within a few years of starting your business)?
- Depreciation will benefit you and it is not optional.