Monthly Archives: March 2013

Hire Your Child or Your Husband?

According to Tom Copeland, “…the simple answer for a family child care provider is – only in a few unique situations.”

If you hire your own child who is age 18 or older or if you pay your husband to do work for your business you must treat them as an employee – and that means they pay taxes and you must withhold the right taxes, and may have to have worker’s compensation insurance.

Continue reading